Wednesday, February 14, 2007

on love

"... because when we love, we always strive to become better than we are." - the alchemist


I don't know why I should be blogging this topic but since it's the season of love, maybe I should be reflecting on my views about l-o-v-e.


As I see it, people are living their life to fulfill their dreams. They pursue to reach the feeling of happiness. And the root of this all is love. LOVE for themselves, for their family, for their friends, for their special someone and for our Creator. The love which causes the things people do to get what they need or with others - to get what they want.


Well honestly, I never had the love most people define love as is. But I believe I have felt love the way the Lord wanted me to feel it. I don't want to be hypocrite if I say I didn't want to feel the love people think love is, the love you feel for your special someone. But for now, I see love differently, thank God I learned something from the past. Hopefully my principles won't get me wrong someday. I see love not just as something you express for the person you think you like where you feel your heart beat faster everytime he/she's around, but love is something you share with everyone. Everyone who you think needs the attention, the care and the comfort. It is something that makes me feel good and better, happy indeed. Well maybe you would say it's
not love but charity. But that's the essence, everything you do, as I wrote earlier, is because of love - may it be love for your self, for ANYONE or for someTHINGS.


This is my view of love just for now - it may change, it may not. But one thing is for sure , I am happy with the love I am feeling right now. The love from the people who truly cares for me. The love I am sharing through Him. And if I, in time, would be able to feel a different kind of happiness that is - different definition of love, I hope it helps me become a better person.

1 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger afg said...

Read 1 Corinthians 13:1-13. Let God inspire you with His unfailing love. Happy Hearts Day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home