Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Blessed

Love like Jesus

I was on a chapterhead's overnight last saturday and sunday. It was one of the most nourishing event i had ever attended during the entire years of serving in our Parish community. It was indeed, one of Christ's way of showing how blessed am I all through my entire life. Yes, that very moment I have experienced His higher power. He moved me and everyone else in that session.

"Bringing glad tidings to the poor"

One of our ministry mission is to touch the hearts of young people through Christ. I myself admit as a leader that i lack knowledge about the bible and His teachings which is written there. It is a shame that at 17, two years ago before I joined Youth for Christ, I have never known Christ so deeply. Now, in three months time I'll be 20, I have realized how much I need his words. I feel very lucky for the young people who have been so blessed and able to listen to what God want to impart upon them. As I have told my fellow YFC that as early as their age they should be thankful and be able to share the love God has let them experience. And one of the way to share His love is by touching the lives of our fellow youth in the 'poor areas'. They do need God in their life much more as we do.

Remembering one of the talk in the overnight, which is 'Rebuilding Our Nation', that the empowered youth is so privileged because they are chosen by God to share their wisdom to those who need it especially in our country. Thanks to Gawad Kalinga, that is one of our ministry's projects which not only build houses for the poor but provide a living and Christian foundation to that depressed areas. This is one of the great acts in which we are able to share God's blessings.

When I was in that event, I have reflected about the people in our community-based area as I was touched by one of the speaker's words: " love the most unlovable in your area", which is the same thing as to what my cluster head always tell us. It is not easy to do it unless we are doing it as a task and not as sharing God's eternal love. Yes! I believe that, for I am put in this situation not because i have to do this things functionally but by providing people especially the poor a life that is of God and for God, as I also have. As the above statement said "love like Jesus".

4 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jaja here.

yeah. truly. love like jesus.

lagyan mo na ng tagboard to. hehehe. for more kwentuhan.. tapos i-link mo na kaming lahat!!!!

i'll link you up.=)

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger afg said...

Wow! Yehey! Andmai na nating mga blog friends. Hehehe..

AMEN to your article!!

Yeah, i-link mo na kami!!

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger juliusmarzan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home